Glenn Lucas Woodturning is very honoured to host an Annual Woodturning Scholarship for Professional Development
Closing date for application is Monday 17th April 2023 (Pacific time)
The Scholarship is for an upcoming artist who is considering a career in woodturning and has shown promise in the woodworking field.
The recipient will receive:
- a private class with Glenn for 3 days (date to be agreed with the recipient)
- accommodation for the class duration is included (B&B for one person)
- a contribution towards their travel
Your application should include:
- a couple of paragraphs on why you think this scholarship is for you, with a short resumé/CV on your woodturning career to date
- 4 photos of recent work – please choose work that shows your own personal style
- your link to instagram/facebook/website
- a commitment to make/donate a piece of artwork that will be donated to a woodturning association – for auction/fundraising for the woodturning community’s education program
- no referees or third-party endorsement are required – assessment will take place on your application alone
- your availability to take up your scholarship within 12 months of being offered a place
Please send the letter/CV and images in the same email (not multiple emails please) to <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Who we are looking for … this award will suit someone (full-time or part-time) who is :
- committed to woodturning
- has developed their own style and wants help to take this style of work further
- has been making for some time and is set up with their own workshop (not a beginner)
- seeking to refine their skill and tool use
- seeking to get a greater understanding of their materials
- wanting to understand the process of developing their own unique product, or help with the skill to develop a signature piece/range
- interested in efficiency and good workshop management
A private class with Glenn will :
- give you access to all areas of Glenn’s efficient and well-planned production process – materials, cutting, drying, roughing, turning, finishing…
- help you hone/refine technique and streamline your signature/individual work
- give you guidance on running a successful production business
- investigate ways to supply the right market for you – Glenn and Cornelia have over 30 years in the gift market business and can offer Business Mentoring
This Annual Scholarship is funded by a generous benefactor.
We intend to open the submission procedure each year on 17th March and give 4 weeks for application, with the closing date on 17th April.
We would like to offer the place to the successful candidate 2 weeks from the closing date for applications, by May 1st.
3-days private tuition with Glenn is currently valued at €1,800. B&B accommodation for the class is valued in the region of €80 per night. A travel allowance of up to €500 can be made available for international scholar.