GL5S M42 steel ⅜” bar ∅ bowl gouge
Sales Tax/VAT will be charged at check out, to customers in the EU only.
Used for finer cuts inside and out of a bowl. Fold-out sharpening leaflet included.
⅜” diameter bowl gouge with 14″ beech handle.
Used for finer cuts when bowl turning and sharpened to a 45 degree angle. It is sharpened with the same settings as it’s bigger brother the GL5. This is my favourite tool to use when making thin walled bowls for that extra fine cut leading to less vibration. It also works extremely well for all finishing cuts where the toolrest can be kept close to the work.
New M42 Stay sharp tools
M42 Stay Sharp tools made by Hamlet to Glenn’s sharpening specifications set a new standard for quality and performance in woodturning tools. Unlike other types of high speed/PM tool steel that sacrifice extreme edge retention for the ability to be honed to a keen edge, or vice versa, M42 Stay Sharp tools provide both for optimum performance you can count on.
Made in England
· M42 ‘super steel’ for optimum edge holding ability
· Can be honed to a razor sharp edge
· Parabolic flute profile for easier sharpening and superb chip clearing
· Double bevel grind for faster, cleaner cuts
· Supplied with hand-polished Ash handle
· Sharp, ready to use out of the box