GL4 M42 steel ⅝” bar ∅
Sales Tax/VAT will be charged at check out, to customers in the EU only.
This gouge will bring a bowl blank quickly to shape. Includes fold-out sharpening leaflet.
For rough shaping of wet or dry bowls & for refining. 16″ handle.
New M42 Stay sharp tools
M42 Stay Sharp tools made by Hamlet to Glenn’s sharpening specifications set a new standard for quality and performance in woodturning tools. Unlike other types of high speed/PM tool steel that sacrifice extreme edge retention for the ability to be honed to a keen edge, or vice versa, M42 Stay Sharp tools provide both for optimum performance you can count on.
Made in England
· M42 ‘super steel’ for optimum edge holding ability
· Can be honed to a razor sharp edge
· Parabolic flute profile for easier sharpening and superb chip clearing
· Double bevel grind for faster, cleaner cuts
· Supplied with hand-polished Ash handle
· Sharp, ready to use out of the box
This gouge is profiled with a parabolic flute which is the only flute profile you will find on any of my bowl gouges. Far easier to sharpen than the V or U shaped gouges on the market. This gouge will bring a bowl blank quickly to shape. It is sharpened to a 55 degree bevel angle.