For finishing cuts on the interior bottom of the bowl. 16″ handle.
New M42 Stay sharp tools
M42 Stay Sharp tools made by Hamlet to Glenns sharpening specifications set a new standard for quality and performance in woodturning tools. Unlike other types of high speed/PM tool steel that sacrifice extreme edge retention for the ability to be honed to a keen edge, or vice versa, M42 Stay Sharp tools provide both for optimum performance you can count on.
Made in England
· M42 ‘super steel’ for optimum edge holding ability
· Can be honed to a razor sharp edge
· Parabolic flute profile for easier sharpening and superb chip clearing
· Double bevel grind for faster, cleaner cuts
· Supplied with hand-polished Ash handle
· Sharp, ready to use out of the box
This tool is sharpened with one purpose only and that is the fine finishing of the bottom interior of a bowl. It gives a clean polished finished in the hands of an experienced turner. For use by advanced turners it can be sharpened freehand or using a sharpening system.
Also see the GL6 in use on DVD no 3 ‘Sharpening Techniques’ being sharpened on the most common sharpening systems.
or see the tool in use in DVD 5 about the ‘Dublin Viking Bowl’ (at time 1:01:00).