ALUMNI 3-day masterclass Wed 16th, Thurs 17th, Fri 18th Oct 2024
€375.00 – €750.00
Please note a deposit of €375 secures your place. The full price of the class is €750 incl VAT/Sales tax. The balance of €375 is due 6 weeks before the Masterclass and you will be sent a reminder.
For people who have been on an intermediate/advanced class with Glenn previously.
3-day Masterclass with Glenn Lucas – for people who have been on an intermediate/advanced class with Glenn previously.
Please note that if you select to pay a deposit, that the full price of the class is €750 incl VAT, with the outstanding balance to be paid 6 weeks before the class begins. Continuing professional development. Three-days of skill development in woodturning technique.
Please also note that the Irish Woodturners Guild annual seminar takes place in Tullamore County Offaly, on 12&13th Oct 2024, details here: https://www.iwg.ie/seminar-events. If you wish to meet lots of other woodturners on your visit, please contact the IWG and the hotel, to book your place.
Projects (may vary due to time restraints) taught during the Masterclass
- Projects to be announced for example : thin wall bowl, textured milk paint bowl, wide-rim bowl with beading technique.
• Tool selection and re-grinding
• Shear cutting and shear scraping techniques
• Push cut – for the ultimate tool finish
• Correct tool techniques
• Creating tool grinds to suit your needs
• Design and Form
• Finishing techniques for utility and art pieces
• Proper chucking techniques – getting the ultimate grip
• Chainsaw demonstration
• Wood processing, filleting the log
• Vacuum chucks – getting set up and use
• Air and kiln drying techniques
Your fee includes all tuition, class materials and meals.
Day 2 and Day 3
9 – 11 workshop
11-11.15 short break
1– 2 lunch break (home cooked lunch)
Terms and conditions for class bookings are on the bottom of the home page