4-day masterclass April 9th-12th (Tues-Fri) 2024
€475.00 – €950.00
Please note a deposit of €475 secures your place. The full price of the class is €950 incl VAT/Sales Tax. The balance of €475 is due 6 weeks before the Masterclass and you will be sent a reminder.
4 – day Masterclass with Glenn Lucas
For intermediate-advanced skill level. All safety wear, tools, materials supplied along with home-cooked lunch. Continuing professional development. Four-days of skill development in woodturning technique.
If you would like us to give you advice on travel from airport to your accommodation, hotel/B&B/self-catering for your trip, and transport to and from the workshop daily, this can be arranged to suit your requirements. Cornelia can also provide activities and excursions for partners suitable to their interests.
Glenn Lucas, Ireland, is a well-established production turner specialising in utility ware. He started turning in 1990 at the age of sixteen producing thousands of bowls and platters each year. Glenn has become a popular demonstrator and teacher in Ireland, England, Europe, New Zealand, Australia and the USA and has released 24 highly successful videos on the techniques of turning. Glenn has a reputation for efficiency and having an in depth knowledge of the tools of the trade. A masterclass with Glenn will help you master the techniques of turning.
Projects taught during the Masterclass
- Rough shaping and drying process
- Salad Bowl – finish turning a dry bowl blank
- 12 inch traditional Irish plate
- Dublin Viking Bowl
Skills taught during the Masterclass
• Tool selection and re-grinding
• Shear cutting and shear scraping techniques
• Push cut – for the ultimate tool finish
• Correct tool techniques
• Creating tool grinds to suit your needs
• Design and Form
• Finishing techniques for utility and art pieces
• Proper chucking techniques – getting the ultimate grip
• Chainsaw demonstration
• Wood processing, filleting the log
• Vacuum chucks – getting set up and use
• Air and kiln drying techniques
Your fee includes all tuition, class materials and meals.
Starts at 9.15 am ends at 5pm
11-11.15 short break
1– 2 lunch break (home cooked lunch)
Terms and conditions for class bookings are on the bottom of the home page