3-day masterclass Wed 24th, Thurs 25th, Fri 26th May 2023
€350.00 – €700.00
Please note a deposit of €350 secures your place. The full price of the class is €700 incl VAT/Sales tax. The balance of €350 is due 6 weeks before the Masterclass and you will be sent a reminder.
3-day Masterclass with Glenn Lucas
Please note that if you select to pay a deposit, that the full price of the class is €700 incl VAT, with the outstanding balance to be paid 6 weeks before the class begins. Continuing professional development. Three-days of skill development in woodturning technique.
COVID-19 restrictions: If your are traveling international, please check with the airline that you can travel on the chosen dates and that quarantine from your country to Ireland, is not applicable.
Projects taught during the Masterclass
- Rough shaping unseasoned wood
- Finishing a dry Salad Bowl
- 12 inch traditional Irish plate
• Tool selection and re-grinding
• Shear cutting and shear scraping techniques
• Push cut – for the ultimate tool finish
• Correct tool techniques
• Creating tool grinds to suit your needs
• Design and Form
• Finishing techniques for utility and art pieces
• Proper chucking techniques – getting the ultimate grip
• Chainsaw demonstration
• Wood processing, filleting the log
• Vacuum chucks – getting set up and use
• Air and kiln drying techniques
Your fee includes all tuition, class materials and meals.
Day 2 and Day 3
9 – 11 workshop
11-11.15 short break
1– 2 lunch break (home cooked lunch)
Terms and conditions for class bookings are on the bottom of the home page