3-day masterclass with Glenn. Wed, Thurs, Fri
€200.00 – €435.00
Typically this 3-day class takes place on Wed-Fri.
Once Covid-19 restrictions lift and we can run classes again -and hotel and air travel is possible- we will open open the bookings for classes.
Until then, this will give you a taste of our three day class.
3-day Masterclass with Glenn Lucas.
Please note that if you select to pay a deposit, that the full price of the class is €435, with the outstanding balance to be paid 6 weeks before the class begins. Continuing professional development. Three-days of skill development in woodturning technique.
Projects (may vary due to time restraints) taught during the Masterclass
- Rough shaping and bowl coring
- Salad Bowl
- 12 inch traditional Irish plate
- Dublin Viking Bowl
• Proper Sharpening
• Proper Tool Selection
• Shear Scraping Techniques
• Push cut – for the ultimate tool finish
• Correct Tool Techniques
• Creating Tool Grinds to suit your needs
• Design and Form
• Finishing Techniques for utility and art pieces
• Proper Chucking Techniques – getting the ultimate grip
• Maintenance of a chainsaw
• Bandsaw maintenance and set up
• Wood Harvesting and Selection
• Vacuum chucks – getting set up and use
• Air and Kiln drying techniques
Your fee includes all tuition, class materials and meals.
Day 2 and Day 3
9 – 11 workshop
11-11.15 short break
1– 2 lunch break (home cooked lunch)
3.45-4 short break
Terms and conditions for class bookings are on the bottom of the home page