3-day masterclass 7-9 Sept 2022
€250.00 – €500.00
Please note a deposit of €250 secures your place. The full price of the class is €500 incl VAT. The balance of €250 is due 6 weeks before the Masterclass and you will be sent a reminder.
3-day Masterclass with Glenn Lucas
Please note that if you select to pay a deposit, that the full price of the class is €500 incl VAT, with the outstanding balance to be paid 6 weeks before the class begins. Continuing professional development. Three-days of skill development in woodturning technique.
COVID-19 restrictions: If your are traveling international, please check with the airline that you can travel on the chosen dates and that quarantine from your country to Ireland, is not applicable.
Projects (may vary due to time restraints) taught during the Masterclass
- Rough shaping and bowl coring
- Salad Bowl
- 12 inch traditional Irish plate
- Dublin Viking Bowl
• Proper Sharpening
• Proper Tool Selection
• Shear Scraping Techniques
• Push cut – for the ultimate tool finish
• Correct Tool Techniques
• Creating Tool Grinds to suit your needs
• Design and Form
• Finishing Techniques for utility and art pieces
• Proper Chucking Techniques – getting the ultimate grip
• Maintenance of a chainsaw
• Bandsaw maintenance and set up
• Wood Harvesting and Selection
• Vacuum chucks – getting set up and use
• Air and Kiln drying techniques
Your fee includes all tuition, class materials and meals.
Day 2 and Day 3
9 – 11 workshop
11-11.15 short break
1– 2 lunch break (home cooked lunch)
3.45-4 short break
Terms and conditions for class bookings are on the bottom of the home page